Call: 01229 580956
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary/Paralegal to assist in the busy commercial department based in Kendal.
The successful candidate will have excellent IT skills and GCSE grades A-C. He or she will be required to use initiative to manage workload and be very well organised in order to meet deadlines and work to strict timescales. He or she will be required to have direct involvement in files and to assist solicitors with the management of their workloads and diaries. Contact with clients is important and the successful candidate will need to have a confident/efficient telephone and manner and good verbal communication skills.
Previous experience in commercial work (either litigation or property) are a definite advantage. The role will include (not exhaustive):-
- Assisting fee earners with preparation of documents, including drafting and engrossment
- Management of diaries
- Telephone answering and meeting/greeting clients, preparing refreshments
- Management of consumables (stationery, kitchen)
- Collection/preparation/delivering post
- Filing, document management and archiving
- Preparation of Land Registry applications, obtaining property searches and compiling property reports
- Complying with AML & ID requirements
We use case management software and digital dictation and the successful candidate will be trained in the use of these systems and in the firm’s office procedures.
The office hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm. Salary will be paid according to qualification and experience.
Send your cover letter and CV addressed to email@example.com