We understand that the formalities of dealing with an estate beyond the funeral arrangements can be daunting and sometimes completely overwhelming, which is why our experienced team of professionals will treat your case with sensitivity and compassion throughout.
Our aim is to make the process as efficient and stress-free as it can be, offering as little or as much help as your circumstances require. We offer confidential and experienced advice and guidance, ensuring that our clients are at the forefront of each decision made.
Our services include:-
- Fixed fee applications for a Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration
- Estate administration from the beginning to the end, including applying for the grant, collecting in the assets, paying the liabilities and distributing to the beneficiaries.
- Selling property on behalf of executors/personal representatives
- Advice regarding deeds of variation to alter distributions made from the estate
- Instructing overseas lawyers to obtain overseas grants of probate
- Advice on complex estate issues, including insolvency and fraud
- Advice to those wishing to contest a will
- Advice to individuals who have not received provision under the will or intestacy of a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner or parent’s will
How much will it cost?
Wherever possible we will offer you a fixed fee but where we cannot fix the fee, we will provide you with an personalised estimate based on your specific circumstances. We always prefer clients to have as much information as possible about our costs at the outset of the matter. See our Price Transparency section for details about how we charge for acting in probate and estate matters, including examples of our fees.
To speak to an experienced member of our professional team or to organise an appointment to discuss your requirements, please contact one of our offices at Ulverston, Windermere, Grange-over-Sands, Barrow-in-Furness or Lancaster.